Dialectic Icon

Incoming Calls from External Sources

Using the robust AppleScript support, you can also have Dialectic trigger actions when incoming calls are detected by devices, applications, or services that are outside of the scope of what Dialectic can natively monitor. For instance, Dialectic cannot monitor a Phlink hardware device for incoming calls but the Phlink software allows you to launch a script when an incoming call is detected. You could configure a script launched by Phlink on an incoming call that passes that information to Dialectic that would then add the call to the Dialectic call log giving you a central repository for all of your incoming and outgoing calls.

script icon
set the_sender to "My Phone"
set caller_number to "2125551212"
set caller_name to "Unknown"
set is_incoming to true
set the_note to "Note for Log."
set flag_entry to false
set show_message_in_dialectic to true
my add_call_log_entry(the_sender, caller_number, caller_name, is_incoming, the_note, flag_entry, show_message_in_dialectic)

set is_incoming to false
my add_call_log_entry(the_sender, caller_number, caller_name, is_incoming, the_note, flag_entry, show_message_in_dialectic)

on add_call_log_entry(the_sender, caller_number, caller_name, is_incoming, the_note, flag_entry, show_message_in_dialectic)
     tell application "Dialectic"
          set added_entry to add call log entry number caller_number name caller_name incoming is_incoming note the_note flagged flag_entry
          if not added_entry then return false --Dialectic is not accepting external log entries
          if show_message_in_dialectic then
               if is_incoming then
                    show message "Incoming call from " & caller_name & " (" & caller_number & ") detected by " & the_sender & "." icon "dialectic"
               else
                    show message "Outgoing call to " & caller_name & " (" & caller_number & ") made by " & the_sender & "." icon "dialectic"
               end if
          end if
          return true
     end tell
end add_call_log_entry
script icon
set the_sender to "My Phone"
set caller_number to "2125551212"
set caller_name to ""
my handle_incoming_call(the_sender, caller_number, caller_name)

on handle_incoming_call(the_sender, caller_number, caller_name)
     if (caller_number = "") then set caller_number to "Unknown Number"
     if (caller_name = "") then set caller_name to "Unknown Caller"
     tell application "Dialectic"
          set call_added to call detected number caller_number name caller_name device the_sender
          if not call_added then return false -- Dialectic is not accepting external scripts
          return true
     end tell
end handle_incoming_call

Check out the Online Resources for more example scripts:

http://www.jonn8.com/dialectic/resources/

Open

Open Notifications